Friday, November 12, 2010

The Challenge

There are 66 books of the Bible. All of which are filled with God's guidance and love for us. None of which I have fully read and diligently studied on my own. This has to change. I tend to skip around a lot while reading the Bible and to skim rather than really studying what God is saying. I love reading books that are written by Christian authors but these books need to stop taking the place of studying God's word. I am desiring to get to know the Bible better and am truly looking forward to spending time really studying each book. So for the next 66 weeks I will be studying a book a week. I have serious committment issues when it comes to reading and sticking to something for 66 weeks so I had to give myself ways to keep this going. Pretty pitiful that I have to motivate myself to continue reading the Bible but I have too much ADD to go from Genesis to Revelation. I have always struggled with looking at the Bible and being overwhelmed and not knowing where to start. So I made cards with each book of the Bible on them and will pull out a different one each week. This way I won't get overwhelmed trying to pick the book and my ADD won't kick in. I plan on writing about what God is teaching me through each book. I will write at the end of each week and then reveal the next week's book! I hope that by blogging I will hold myself more accountable to reading. Feel free to join me! I started on Sunday November 7th, 2010 and will finish on February 5th, 2012. 66 weeks is a long time I am excited to see how this changes my life. The first book I drew was Galations! I'll let you know how that goes on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Kenlyn! I LOVE this idea. Can I borrow it? Digging into Scripture is my weakness for sure, and I want to commit to something serious. LOVE that you are doing this, and thrilled we are in a leadership role together!

    ReplyDelete